Confinement is a difficult time for parents as well. It is not uncommon for people to become depressed after giving birth, especially when the delivery was not easy or there are other complications. While you should never put your health at risk, it is important that you take care of yourself and do what will make you feel better.
It’s common knowledge that breastfeeding helps in healing after childbirth but how else can you get through confinement? Below are some tips that you can use to get through confinement healthy and sane. You don’t have to go through this alone! There are many women out there who are going through similar situations and would love to help you.
The first thing you need to realize is that confinement is temporary – whether you are confined at home or in a hospital, confinement is just a matter of time. When confinement ends, so does all the fuss. Even if the baby is still premature, you are allowed to breastfeed him/her until he/she is able to eat solid food. The fact remains that you have to take good care of your child during confinement because you cannot afford to lose your baby.
You may also want to consider hiring a Chinese confinement nanny who will help you stay on top of things. A confinement nanny is someone who will make sure that you have everything that your little one needs during confinement. She will check up on you once every day to see whether you are taking good care of the child. Your nanny will look after your newborn while you rest. She will also take care of any medical concerns that you might have.
Here are some tips that you can follow to get through confinement healthier and saner:
– Breastfeeding your baby everyday is beneficial both to you and your child. If you have an older baby, you can start introducing bottle feeds as soon as possible. However, be careful not to overdo it because it could lead to indigestion. This could happen even if you are using formula feeds.
– Do not forget to sleep! No matter how exhausted you are, try sleeping as much as possible. Try to keep your bedtime routine consistent so that you will know exactly what to expect when you wake up next morning. Sleeping is very important for overall health.
– Stay away from bad habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol. These addictions can cause serious harm to your body. They can also affect your ability to bond with your baby.
– Eat healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Avoid unhealthy snacks like chips, crackers, etc. Also, avoid fast food. Eating healthy foods will give you energy for the day. Remember that you are your child’s only source of nutrition and you need to provide them with nutritious meals.
– Take regular exercise. Exercising regularly will help you lose weight. Exercise also releases endorphins which will boost your mood. Be sure to choose exercises that are safe for your baby. Talk to your doctor about the best type of exercises for pregnant mothers.
– Get enough rest. Resting is very important for proper health. Make sure that you get at least eight hours of sleep every night. It is also important to get plenty of rest in between feedings.
If you are concerned about your mental health, it is important to seek professional help. You can consult a psychiatrist or psychologist. Your physician will be able to recommend a specialist depending on your case.
Confining your baby is definitely not an easy task. But you need to remember that you are doing this for the sake of your child. And your child deserves to have the best experience possible. He/she needs you and nothing less than that.
So, don’t wait too long before you contact a confinement nanny or a pregnancy support group. By then, your baby will be ready to leave the hospital. And by then, you will already be feeling more confident and relaxed. You will no longer be worrying about anything.
Your confinement period is not something you should be afraid of. Instead, embrace it. Enjoy the time you spend bonding with your baby. Take advantage of every moment. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Your baby is worth all the effort. So, enjoy every second and don’t let others bring you down.
There is no guarantee that you won’t face problems when you have a baby. But if you prepare properly and take good care of yourself, then you will be able to handle whatever comes your way. Confinement is a wonderful experience, but it is only temporary. So, take advantage of it and treat it like a vacation. After all, your new arrival is the best gift ever!